We will be holding our next Retrofit event on Monday 24th January 6-7.30pm online
Retrofit is a complex and technical process requiring a ‘whole house’ approach. This session looks at the practical guidance and support that is out there to ensure that we undertake our retrofits well so that the buildings will perform as designed. There will be time for networking and smaller group discussions during the online event.
- 18.05 An overview of typical retrofit technical issues and why retrofit is complicated –
- 18.15 PAS 2035 – what is it? – Alex Honey, QODA Consulting – A beginner’s guide to what PAS2035 is and what projects it applies to, with some brief examples of how PAS2035 has been applied on social housing retrofits
- 18.30 AECB CarbonLite retrofit training – Trish Andrews, AECB. An overview of the AECB retrofit training courses with examples of content from courses and especially highlighting the PAS2030 aspects of the course. An overview of costs/ time commitment/ pre-qualifications needed to undertake the course.
- 18.45 Retrofit training for contractors in Yorkshire – Holly Hansen-Maughan, Harrogate College – An overview of the courses that Harrogate College has set up – how replicable is this for other FE colleges and what challenges there have been either practical or funding-wise. Future plans for developing this further. What further training is needed?
- 19.00 At the end breakout rooms for discussions on how to bring more retrofit training (and what kind of training) to Yorkshire
- 19.15 a chance to share these ideas and other networking with the wider group.